We thought it would be very ideal to have a Reports section within the Contacts layout, so you can quickly see the financial information for the contact. We understand that some things are a double-up in the Reports layout, but that is not a bad thing. Sometimes, you may be already working in the Contacts layout such as working on student progress notes, or doing payment reconciliation, so it makes sense to put a Reports section in there too. This section will provide you with:
- Payments: including the number of payment entries and total payment earnings. Note: payments are basically manual payment entries, and can be used when adding a payment (Cash, Direct Deposit, etc) for a lesson.
- Invoices: including the number of invoice entries, the number of outstanding invoices and their total, the number of paid invoices and their total, and the grand total of all invoice earnings for both outstanding and paid. Both outstanding and paid invoices can be clicked to take you to those Invoices.
- We have included a filter that allows you to show a custom or predefined date range.
- Total shows the grand total of all payments and invoice earnings.
We are aiming to launch the new Reports section for the Contacts layout during the next major update.
You cannot have a database solution to manage students and lessons without a calendar. We have been working hard to integrate a calendar that is not only easy and intuitive to use, but also complimentary to the overall design. We are aiming to launch the new Calendar layout for the next major update.
It is a breeze to add lesson plans as calendar events. You simply choose the Course via the drop-down, click the Add Lesson Plan Entry icon (mini calendar icon), adjust the date and time, and add your plan description. It then adds the lesson plan onto the calendar and automatically adds the event in the chosen course, so you will also see it in the Courses layout. We have purposely made it powerful, seamless, and effortless. We feel we have achieved a nice balance.
Check out the screenshots.
Lesson Plan Entries
We have just introduced some new upgrades in the Contacts layout, which will be released with the next major update. Included in the Contact upgrades are:
- Invoices: now you can see all the invoices associated with the current contact. This includes the invoice number, date, invoice description, amount, and whether or not it has been paid. You can also click the invoice row and it will take you to the Invoice itself.
- Payment Notes: you will be able to create a payment note or reminder via a simple date and comment record combo.
- Other Notes: similar date and comment combo as Payment Notes, the Other Notes can be used primarily for correspondence.
- Progress Notes: similar date and comment combo as Payment Notes, the Progress Notes can be used to record student learning progress.